The USCA Student Emergency Fund was established to provide students funding for specific, short-term emergencies, or immediate financial assistance that cannot be achieved by utilizing available university services and resources. The emergency fund is not for ongoing needs.
Before applying for this fund, please consider support available through the Student Basic Needs site for food, housing, or financial insecurities: https://studentbasicneeds.usc.edu/.
- Students may apply once per academic year if their circumstance(s) meet the threshold outlined above.
- Students are encouraged to provide as much information as possible in their application, as well as contact their academic advisor directly with questions about additional resources available to them.
- Short-term financial assistance for basic needs.
- Short-term financial assistance for course-related materials.
- Short-term assistance for technology-related items. Please note: any proposed purchase of equipment will receive additional review.
- Access application at: https://forms.gle/3idVJXCPgkfF3jgj8
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
- Applications will be evaluated by a special committee represented by faculty and administration
■ First Name, Last Name
■ USC Email
■ USC ID
■ Status: Undergraduate or Graduate Student
■ Expected Graduation Year
■ Amount Requested (up to $3,000)
■ Use of Funding/Reason for Request (include supplemental materials)
■ Have you requested funding from any other USC department? If yes, please explain.
■ Confirm that you have not applied for funding through USC Graduate or Undergraduate Student Government
■ Understand that receipt of award monies may alter allocations of funds within financial aid package
■ Have you explored work study?
■ Undergraduate Students: Have you appealed your financial aid package within the University?
■ Graduate Students: Have you taken out any loans?
In the case of the Student Emergency Aid Fund, please be aware that:
- Funding requests are not guaranteed.
- Awards will be given on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Awards are given in the form of a one-time stipend.
- Amount requested should not exceed $3,000. The total funds available are limited. The School’s priority is to help as many students as possible, especially those in greatest need.
- The Fund will not fund reimbursements. Applicants are advised that, until an application has been satisfactorily accepted and a decision rendered, the School has not affirmed any expenditures in advance.
- The USC Financial Aid Office is notified of all stipends. Stipends qualify as part of a student’s financial aid package. Therefore, a stipend might reduce other financial aid that you have been awarded, depending on the type of aid received. It is the student’s responsibility to contact the Financial Aid Office with any questions respective to financial aid packages.
- The purpose, eligibility, and disbursement policy of these awards are subject to change and may be updated in the future.
Executive Director, Student Services
School of Architecture
University of Southern California
Watt Hall 204
Los Angeles, CA 90089-0291
213-740-2420 | firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional resources and up-to-date information from the university on COVID-19, please visit https://coronavirus.usc.edu/.