Please use this form to request D-Clearance for courses at the USC School of Architecture.
* Undergraduate Bachelor of Architecture and B.S. in Architectural Studies students should check their latest Advisement Sheet, refer to the Catalogue (USC entry year) for the sequence of requirements or schedule an appointment with their Academic Advisor.
* Students in the Minor in Architecture or Landscape Architecture should consult with their School of Architecture Academic Advisor prior to course selection.
* Students studying abroad MUST meet with their Academic Advisor in order to obtain d-clearance for those courses.
* ARCH-490 Directed Research Form (Please fill out this form and obtain the signatures prior to requesting clearance).
* School of Architecture Graduate students should consult with their Program Director or Advisor prior to course selection.
* If a course should also apply to a Graduate Certificate, please indicate in the Comment section below.
* If you are requesting permission to register for a course outside of the School of Architecture, please list the course number, title, number of units in the Comment section below.
* Graduate Students must select courses numbered 400 and above in order to receive degree credit.
* ARCH-590 or 790 Directed Research Form (Please fill out this form and obtain the signatures prior to requesting clearance)
MASTER OF ADVANCED ARCHITECTURAL STUDIES (M.AAS) AND MASTER OF ARCHITECTURE (M.ARCH) STUDENTS ONLY:
* If you are requesting a required course and are on track for degree sequence, submit your clearance to: GENERAL.
* If you are requesting a required course but are out of sequence, submit your clearance to: SELWYN TING for approval. Such courses are noted as: ##Requires Selwyn Ting's approval if taking out of M.ARCH sequence##
* ARCH elective requests should be submitted to: GENERAL
* Elective requests from schools outside of ARCH should be submitted to: SELWYN TING for approval.
* No more than 8 units of 499 or 8 units of 599 may be applied toward the degree.
* For sequenced courses, 'a' must be taken BEFORE 'b'.