Employers: To post a job opportunity, please use this form. If you need to remove your job post, please email email@example.com.
Students & Alumni: Visit connectSC to find information on job opportunities, career center services, and more.
- Hiring Organization
- 10/23/20Landscape maintenance for private homeJulieta LipsonFreelanceJob Description
Hello! We are looking for someone to watch over our landscape. We do have a gardener who comes weekly but also looking for a second set of eyes to make sure that all of our plants are being properly watered and taken care of. We mostly have succulents with some rubber trees, ficus trees, maples, bamboo, and native trees/bushes. We are going for a modern Japanese /wabi sabi style and would prefer someone who had an appreciation for this type of design. Ideal person should be very knowledgeable with identifying all types of California plants and also knowledgeable on proper maintenance. Ideal person should also be able to design plant arrangements which would include finding and purchasing new plants and planters.Qualifications
How to Apply
- Current student OR recent graduate
- Must have own transportation
- Able to move heavy planters if needed
If interested, please email: Julieta@pawsup.comLocation
Franklin /Bronson ( The Oaks neighborhood)Start Date
Nov. 15, 2020Pay
- 10/23/20Drafting Project CoordinatorTheCompCodesContractorJob Description
At TheCompCodes, exciting building projects are just the beginning! TheCompCodess bridges the gap between construction and manufacturing every day, providing solutions and innovations that deliver high-performance structures with enhanced cost, schedule, and safety. It all starts with top talented people working together in an environment that fosters collaboration, growth & development, and compassion. We are great people doing great things, together! We are a startup based out of Sunny Santa Barbara CA. We’re growing like crazy and need hard working and self motivated people.
TheCompCodes is seeking an entry level Drafter/Drafting Project Coordinator to support remote locations.
Overview of the position:
- Generate proposals and preparing invoices
- Operates CAD systems and peripheral equipment. Performs quantity take-offs and inventory control of materials.
- Applies judgement and makes decisions with respect to drawings and input interpretation.
- Utilizes knowledge of mathematics and geometry in the preparation and checking of drawings.
- Develops increased proficiency in system operations with a resulting increase in productivity and learns how to use all software options.
- Works from a set of contract drawings, design calculations and precast erection drawings to prepare or coordinate the preparation of panel drawings for production.
- Requires the ability to gather information from multiple sources to complete detailed, accurate and comprehensive panel drawings.
- Determine sequence of drafting processes and priorities to meet expedited production schedule requirements
- Troubleshoot contract drawings and internal drawings to determine what information is not provided or shown but is needed to complete tasks, make the product more efficient or expedite schedule.
- Perform QC checks in the plant environment (outside with multiple levels).
- Some travel needed for job site, plant or design coordination meetings.
Interested? Want to learn more? If you’re a hard-working nice person who is smart and curious, and think that this position is right for you, we want to hear from you. Please apply and let’s begin the journey. Welcome to TheCompCodes. Let’s do great things together!
TheCompCodes is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Qualifications
How to Apply
- Preferred Education and Experience
- A. S. Degree in Computer Drafting/Design or Industrial Design Engineering Or degree in Construction Management or Engineering Technology
- Two to three years’ experience performing computer aided drafting
- Strong coordination and communication skills and experience
- Proficient in writing and reviewing RFIs (Request for Information)
- Experienced in analyzing and reading construction plans and details
- Specialized Knowledge: AutoCAD Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Proficient in drafting principles along with the aptitude to visualize 3D models
- Knowledgeable in building construction terminology
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org your resume to apply.Location
Oct. 21, 2020Pay
35 an hour plus commission per projectCompany Website
- 10/23/20CAD drafting and survey productionSannSiteDesignPart-time, FreelanceJob Description
Need someone to develop site surveys and digitize designs for various projects. PT position.Qualifications
First or second year MLA or BED student.How to Apply
Email brief bio and examples of your work to: email@example.comLocation
Los Angeles - most projects are in Hancock Park and surrounding areaStart Date
- 10/06/20Two-year Undergraduate Research Internship ProgramEH MATTERS, USC Environmental Health CentersInternshipJob Description
EH MATTERS offers USC undergraduate students from under-represented groups a paid, two-year, three-semester per year internship (Summer/Fall/Spring) to build capacity of diverse students to engage in environmental health sciences and community health disparities research. Rising sophomore and juniors are encouraged to apply.
This community-engaged environmental health research program will expand students’ understanding of fundamental concepts in environmental health, exposure, susceptibility, risk, and health disparities. This formal training will provide a basis for a firm academic understanding of community environmental health disparity issues and firsthand experiences that look at environmental health through the lens of environmental justice.
• Students will understand how urban health disparities and environmental exposures intersect and interact in communities, and how to leverage action-oriented research;
• Students will develop the necessary skills to successfully engage in community-driven environmental health research to address environmental health disparities;
• Students will build skills and confidence to pursue graduate education and careers in environmental health sciences.Qualifications
Visit https://envhealthcenters.usc.edu/ehmatters for more information.How to Apply
- 10/06/20Part-Time Model Making InternshipBittoni ArchitectsPart-time InternshipJob Description
Bittoni Architects is a dynamic and growing architectural practice located in Los Angeles. We create meaningful solutions that give way to new forms of expression and interaction. Our body of work ranges in building type and scale, and our methodology is defined by our explorative approach and a curiosity for the unconventional. We believe in a healthy work-life balance that fosters creativity, productivity, and independence. We are looking to hire a model making intern for our growing architectural practice. Applicants should have strong craft and precision skills, as well as an eye for design and creative curiosity. This internship offers potential room for growth.
— Create physical models from digital models in BIM
— Help develop model shop
— Operate 3D printerQualifications
— Currently seeking a professional degree in Architecture
— Experience with hand-cut models
— Experience with foam core and museum board
— Excellent craft and precision skills
— Excellent communication skills
— Positive and proactive attitude
— Eligible to work in the US
— Must have access to a vehicleHow to Apply
To Apply: Submit Cover Letter, Resume and Portfolio in one PDF (10MB max file size) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name in the PDF Package. Please put “Model Making Internship” in the subject line.Location
Los Angeles, CAStart Date
- 09/10/20Freelance Shipping Container Home Design Draftsperson (Google Sketchup / Revit)Kubed LivingInternshipJob Description
Kubed Living is looking for a curious and open minded architectural intern to assist with design of shipping container homes / spaces around the United States. The individual will work out of our small office in Los Angeles to have an opportunity to gain first-hand residential & product design experience. The individual will work with our lead designer to assist in the production of full design-document sets.Qualifications
Individual must be highly skilled and proficient in Google Sketch-up, V-ray, and/or Revit and have 1+ year of architectural drafting experience. Knowledge or experience in residential architecture is preferred.
How to Apply
- Current Students / Entry Level
- Open Minded
- Proficiency in REVIT, AutoCAD, Google Sketch-up
- Experience in or Open to learning how to draft floor plans, construction documents / technical drawings.
- Must be comfortable in a support role and possess the ability to work with minimal supervision, self-starter.
- Must possess an eye for detail, interested in modern design, strong time management skills, and ability to work within deadlines.
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite preferred.
- Strong communication skills.
If interested, please email your CV & portfolio to email@example.com. We will set up a call & meet somewhere in Los Angeles to see if you're a great fit!
*Pay commensurate with design knowledge / capabilities.Location
Los Angeles, CAStart Date
- 09/08/20Freelance/Experienced Autocad DraftspersonBlue StudioFreelanceJob Description
Looking for a freelance recent graduate or alumni with 2-3 years of experience at working on historic and contemporary residential design and construction drawings in the LA Basin area. An understanding of how to generate plans, sections, elevations, in Autocad as well as coordination between drawings for contractor bidding and building departments, is important. This doesn't mean you need to know all concerns in pulling a residential set together but that you have a sense of what's involved and a sense of graphic standards for residential construction drawings. Pay commensurate with experience.Qualifications
Must know: Autocad Basic Graphic standards for residential construction, Basic Residential Construction documents, Building Department code requirementsHow to Apply
Email: Liza @ firstname.lastname@example.orgLocation
Work involves many Cities in the LA Basin including Los Angeles, Pasadena, South Pasadena and West LAStart Date
- 08/28/20Junior Design AssociateWade Weissmann ArchitectureFull-timeJob Description
Wade Weissmann Architecture is seeking full-time Junior Design Associate candidates with 0-4 years’ experience to join our architecture firm. We have open positions in our Milwaukee and Santa Barbara offices. WWA Junior Design Associates work on all phases of design from Feasibility & Schematic Design through Construction Administration with a project manager and team. Candidate must be motivated, exhibit strong organizational and communication skills, and be able to successfully perform towards a deadline within a dynamic office environment. Ideal candidate would also possess strong design and presentation skills.
Wade Weissmann Architecture (WWA) is a nationally recognized, full-service boutique architecture firm with projects spanning the U.S. and abroad. From small-scale renovations to master planning estates and residential enclaves, we draw inspiration from environments that have endured time, in order that we might create classics, refreshed to reflect today’s modern lifestyle. Founded in 1996, our mission is fourfold:
• to create custom, timeless architecture
• to cultivate professional integrity at every turn
• to both encourage and provide opportunities for creative collaboration
• to foster lifelong relationships
With offices in Milwaukee, Santa Barbara, and Pittsburgh, our team is comprised of over thirty artisans and staff members who continually strive to create architecture that will enhance not only the lifestyles of our clients, but also the built landscape of communities we touch. For more details, visit www.wwa-design.com
NOTES: Additional Salary Information: Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include health, dental, vision and life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, paid time off, 401(K), Short and Long-Term Disability.Qualifications
Wade Weissmann Architecture is seeking a Junior Design Associate with the following requirements:
• 0-4 years of architectural experience
• BA of Architecture is required, Masters Degree in Architecture or related field is a plus
• Proficiency in AutoCAD required, familiarity with Photoshop and SketchUp
• Working knowledge of design process and hand-drawing skills
• Self-starter looking for opportunities and open to mentorship
• Collaborative team-player with a positive personality
• Must convey professionalism when dealing with clients and staff
• Interest in residential, masterplanning and/or hospitality design that is rooted in traditionLocation
Santa Barbara, CA. Remote work possible for duration of COVID-19 pandemic per state and local guidelines.Start Date
- 08/26/20Freelance architectural designer (student or alumni)HomeownerPart-time, FreelanceJob Description
I am a homeowner in South Pasadena currently undergoing a whole house remodel. We are about to embark on a second phase master bedroom and bathroom addition which is cantilevered over a lower level room on a hillside. We are looking for a student or recent alum to review our current plans for potential edits or suggestions before we begin the permitting process. We'd like a second set of eyes to point out potential improvements.Qualifications
We're looking for an individual who is highly skilled and proficient in architectural drafting. The individual may be an entry level student, intern, or college graduate with experience in drafting construction documents and technical drawings. Also looking for someone who is able to work with minimal supervision, with an eye for detail, time management, and able to deliver on deadlines.How to Apply
If interested, please email me a CV and/or portfolio to Kenneth Wong at email@example.comLocation
South Pasadena, CAStart Date
As soon as possiblePay
- 08/25/20Architectural DrafterSynArc StudioFull-timeJob Description
Who is SynArc Studio : SynArc Studio, a young Architectural firm who is growing and looking for a motivated individual who can wear many hats and wants to grow together. SynArc Studio, located in Irvine, CA offers a broad range of services including Planning, Architecture and Interior Design. We offer a diverse and collaborative environment with passionate and innovative professionals. We invest in our staff and provide opportunities for professional and personal development.We specialize in interiors, commercial, mixed-use, hospitality, retail, and industrial. SynArc Studio is seeking a highly motivated Architectural Project Support/Drafter III to support our many projects and project types. ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Provide support for all aspects of architectural design, from presentations for clients to working with the design team. This work can include hands-on architectural work, such as drafting and 3D modeling, to the business side such as preparing for presentations and maintaining project files. Create, coordinate, revise, and, maintain project design, production, and documentation at all project phases (Pre-Design through Construction Administration and Certification). Produce and comprehend architectural red lines and efficiently produce documents and revisions. Assist in the preparation of presentation drawings and renderings. Balance short-term deadlines and long -term projects.Qualifications
We are looking for young candidates currently pursuing or have completed their BARCH or MARCH from an accredited school.Candidates should be familiar with AutoCAD (proficient), Revit, Sketchup, Adobe Creative Suite, Vray, Lumion and Photoshop. Candidates must have a portfolio and resume to submit for review. Ability to problem solve, multi task, work independently and collaborate with others Desire to learn, strong work ethic, strong communication skills and great attitude! Successful candidates will assist senior staff with projects in all phases of architecture.How to Apply
Send current resume and portfolio to Jennifer Coleman at firstname.lastname@example.org.Location
Irvine, CAStart Date
- 08/19/20Freelance Architect (Students or graduates)HOMEOWNER/LANDOWNERFreelanceJob Description
I am a COVID-19 Nurse who works and lives in San Diego, CA. I have entered into contract on a piece of land in Pioneertown, CA. I am buying the property as a way to find respite from the constant reminder of the coronavirus I face at work and in the community. The high desert has been the only place that has brought me peace these last 6 months. I am looking for a student to help build a refuge for my family (Partner & 3 young boys) and a home that will eventually be our place of residence. I am looking for a student who is up to the challenge of providing something unique and affordable (do those two terms go together?) that suits our vision while offering creative license. Our design priorities are 1) Utilizing the natural landscape as livable square footage 2) Open concept design that respects the need for privacy 3) Attention to sensory elements. Landscape view from interior and use of natural light 4) Modern style, simple lines 5) Creative use of spaceQualifications
Students or graduates that can help facilitate submit a plan that will be approved by the County of San Bernardino Building & Safety department. This project is also going to be funded by a 203k construction rehab loan so there must be a willingness to familiarize yourself with these requirements. Looking for someone with a keen sense of space and understanding how it impacts mood. Attention to this detail is important.How to Apply
Email Katie Swinburne at email@example.comLocation
Pioneertown, CAStart Date
- 08/14/20Social Scientist (Historic Preservation Specialist), DHACorps of Engineers ERDC-Construction Engineering Research LaboratoryFull-timeJob Description
- As a Social Scientist, you will assist a senior specialist to perform tasks designed to familiarize you with different aspects of the occupation.
- Tasks will vary, but are expected to include the following:
- Analyzing/documenting historic structures
- Writing architecture descriptions
- Search, retrieval and analysis of archival documents
- Use historic maps, real estate records, or other archival material to conduct research.
- Write historical narratives that set forth a balanced picture of the historical topics researched
Completion of a bachelor’s degree (or higher) from an accredited institution in behavioral or social science; or related disciplines appropriate to the position of a historic preservation specialist. Or Combination of education and experience that provided the applicant with knowledge of one or more of the behavioral or social sciences equivalent to a major in the field. Or - Four years of appropriate experience that demonstrated that the applicant has acquired knowledge of one or more of the behavioral or social sciences equivalent to a major in the field. (NOTE: You must provide transcripts at the time of application) candidates who meet the criteria for Superior Academic Achievement (SAA), may be entitled to a higher entry level salary, at management discretion. Conditions of Employment: 1)Must meet suitability for Federal employment 2)Will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship 3)Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration 4)Personnel security investigation required 5)Will be required to serve a 2 year probationary period 6)This is a Career Program (CP) 18 position 7)Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants and selectees with disabilities where appropriate.How to Apply
Please provide your current resume and transcripts (unofficial copies are acceptable, but must be in a readable [preferably .pdf] format and reflect all related coursework and degree date) Via Email: to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please ensure your email has the following subject line: Social Scientist (Preservation), DHA.
Application packages will be accepted through 11:59pm CT on 30 Sep 2020. If you have question or need more information contact email@example.comLocation
Champaign, IllinoisStart Date
Salary Range: $33,949 to $83,210