Employers: To post a job opportunity, please use this form. If you need to remove your job post, please email email@example.com.
- Hiring Organization
- 08/25/21Assistant Architectural Lighting Designer - Fall InternshipOculus Light StudioPart-time InternshipJob Description
About us: Oculus Light Studio is an award-winning lighting design studio based in the Culver City area of Los Angeles, CA, with a satellite studio in Seattle, WA. We are passionate about great lighting design and how it can enhance the visual environment. We believe in collaborative design and enjoy working on a variety of project types. Oculus offers an engaging, informal, and inclusive work environment, a 9-80 schedule with alternate Fridays off and work-life integration. Other perks include frequent catered lunches (which we have continued remotely) and a part-time office dog. Look us up on the web, Instagram, Facebook, and Linkedin. The Position: Oculus is happy to offer a paid fall semester part-time internship (approx. 20 hours a week) open to any student of architecture and allied studies (engineering, building science) in our Culver City office, and/or remotely based on health conditions. During the course of the internship, the intern will have the opportunity to work directly with professional lighting designers on current lighting design projects and be introduced to a wide variety of lighting design activities, including design, calculations, documentation, client presentations, site visits and coordination, and marketing.Qualifications
The intern will be a student who has completed at least 3 years of undergraduate studies, or one year of master’s study in architecture, interior design, or architectural engineering/building science, with knowledge of Revit, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe InDesign in a Windows environment. Desirable skills include proficiency in performing lighting calculations and lighting design coursework or experience. If you are a foreign student, you must have the necessary permissions to work.How to Apply
We look forward to hearing from you! Email a cover letter, resume, a writing sample and portfolio as pdf attachment (not more than 7MB) to firstname.lastname@example.org.Location
Culver City, CAStart Date
- 08/23/21Landscape DesignerHey Nice GardenPart-time, Freelance, InternshipJob Description
Hey Nice Garden is owned by Trojan Alum Heather Johnson and looking to hire designers -current students or alum - who are ready for hands-on design experience. You will work directly with the lead designer on residential projects that entail designing for gardens, patios, shade structures, spas, decks & stairs, veg gardens, fire pit lounges, gates, fencing, entry paths/landings, and other features. You will gain experience in design, client management, and installation. We are located in San Clemente and work on residential projects throughout Orange County. This is a paid position. Hourly rates range from $40-60/hour based on experience. Hours are flexible.
IG @heynicegarden / heynicegarden.com / Houzz: hey nice gardenQualifications
We focus on strong design collaboration to design for and build landscapes that are water-wise, ultra usable, and unique. Reqs: -Vectorworks or CAD skills -Design skills: 2D plan design, elevations for built structures like decks and pergolas -Drafting skills for perspectives/axonometrics/isometrics (nice to have but not necessary) -Site measuring skills -Planting design knowledge -Working knowledge of build reqs (e.g. handrails, stairs, pool fencing)How to Apply
Please email us a link to your portfolio - if you are a current student you can submit a working portfolio of student projects. Contact: heather@heynicegarden or email@example.com Reach out and let us know if you'd like to see our work. We are looking to hire ASAP and would love to chat!Location
Orange County, CAStart Date
August or September
- 08/19/21Project Architect - Vertical HarvestGYDE ArchitectsFull-timeJob Description
About the Company GYDE’s process begins with our team of architects and designers, is developed through a close working relationship with our clients, and culminates in the collaboration with engineers, builders and craftspeople. Our approach blends art, architecture, science and technology to craft innovative solutions that integrate design into unexpected spaces, push boundaries and create extraordinary experiences. We strive to build trust within the communities we impact and engage our clients during all phases of design to ensure positive outcomes. The Position GYDE is seeking a Project Architect to join our Greenhouse Studio as Vertical Harvest continues to gain traction and lead with its impact-driven business model. The flagship Vertical Harvest, located in Jackson, WY, revolutionized how food is grown in urban environments. With a second location currently under design outside of Portland, Maine, the demand for urban farming continues to grow. We are looking for a technically driven professional to lead the design elements of upcoming projects located across the country.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Revit drafting, research, and code analysis; coordinate project consultants; assist in project management duties with Associates and Principals; and to mentor and direct the work of junior staff.
• Mentor junior staff on technical aspects of the project and profession
• Lead the coordination and production of bid and construction administration documentation.
• Work collaboratively and communicate effectively and proactively with peers, employees, and management.
• Perform other duties as necessary to support the success of GYDE
• 100% healthcare premium paid for
• Generous PTO
• For the right candidate, this position could be remote.Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture
• Minimum five (5) years of experience
• Current knowledge of professional codes, laws, computer applications, and trends
• Ability to see design in everythingHow to Apply
If interested, please send a resume, work samples and cover letter to Steph at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include in your cover letter if you could have dinner with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be and what would you eat.Start Date
September 15, 2021Contact
Jackson, WYCompany Website
- 08/18/21Landscape DesignerHongjoo Kim Landscape ArchitectsFull-timeJob Description
Hongjoo Kim Landscape Architects is a full-service landscape architecture practice located in Los Angeles, California. We take a highly sensitive and authentic design approach to every project regardless of its scale, type, and location to truly create memorable environments for people. Designing and building with craftsmanship is our team’s biggest asset and passion. Our project experience includes urban parks and open spaces, campus and renovation, mixed-use residential development, adaptive reuse development, transit-oriented development, post-industrial site development, schools, ecological restoration, municipal buildings, private residences, large scale master plan, large scale international development, and urban design and planning. We received two merit awards ('Park and Recreation' Category and 'Landscape Art' Category) at the American Society of Landscape Architects - Southern California Chapter's 2018 Quality of Life Awards.
We are currently looking for highly motivated, career oriented young landscape designers with passion in innovative design and its realization in built environment. A successful candidate is responsible for the documentation, design and coordination of the project as defined by project goals established at the outset of a project. He/she has the ability to provide the bridge between creativity and the technical aspects of design and can demonstrate the ability to successfully implement great design.Qualifications
How to Apply
- 1-3 years of professional experience in an established design firm
- Excellent skill & knowledge in Auto CAD, Adobe Softwares, SketchUp, and Microsoft Office
- Strong digital and hand graphic ability
- Organization skills combined with an aesthetic that covers all genres of design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivation with a strong desire for professional growth
- Knowledge in Revit a plus Education Requirements:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited university
Please submit your resume and portfolio with cover letter as a single PDF file limited to 7 megabytes.Location
Los Angeles, CAStart Date
- 08/16/21AutoCAD Drafter (Entry Level)Virgil W. McDowell, Inc.Full Time, Freelance, Short-Term/Internship 1+ Years Experience - remote workingJob Description
We're a bespoke boutique traditional architecture luxury high-end residential design firm, vernacular architecture and precedent-based design projects. Currently looking for an AutoCAD Drafter who's proficient in AutoCAD, focusing on drawing production drawings.How to Apply
Please email with a cover letter, salary requirements, resume, and brief portfolio to email@example.com.Location
24215 Lema Drive, Valencia, CA 91355
- 08/11/21Architect (student)International Sports AssociationPart-time
- 08/04/21CAD 3D model/draftsperson - architectureSara laws studio IncPart-time,Full-time,InternshipJob Description
We are a boutique architectural practice in Malibu with a high net worth client base. I am looking for a new team member who is proficient in 3D modeling (not fussy, I myself work on many programs and totally understand we each have our own perfect mix). Ideally to build beautiful 3D models both interior and exterior of our projects. Our clients all require NDA’s however, they do like to talk. We want someone who can work from anywhere, loves design and wants to grow. You will need a good grasp on materials for rendering and be open to different styles.Qualifications
Architecture is a must. We all learn at different paces, so we will go off CV. A personality. Yes, I can more about your ability to laugh then most other things. Flexible. Willing to grow! I love pushing designers to grow and contribute. Yes I want your CAD skills, but I also want to see you grow and develop within my very exclusive market. Keep mum on clients. Our clients are all really high profile and therefore it is essential to be discreet!How to Apply
Please send a portfolio and little note of who you are! No CV please. I just want a little introduction to you! What do you love! Why architecture? What would you ideally do with your career?!Start Date
- 07/29/21JOB CAPTAIN/ARCHITECT 1 (3-6 years of experience)Fergus Garber ArchitectsFull-timeJob Description
Fergus Garber Architects is a residential firm of 20 located in Palo Alto, California. Our practice focuses on custom high end single family homes, with an appreciation for sustainability. Please visit our website at https://fg-arch.com/
· Under the supervision of a project manager or principal, develops the design and leads the documentation through all phases of project
· Identifies design issues, offers design solutions, and manages complex coordination tasks
· Coordinates with project team, client, consultants, and contractors in a professional manner
· Responds to RFIs, submittals, and shop drawings
ABOUT FGA: Fergus Garber Architects (https://fg-arch.com/) understands the importance of working on projects from inception to completion and strives to build successful design teams that foster an atmosphere of creative thought and professional development. Our award-winning work spans many styles and scales, and we’re looking for talented and well-rounded staff to join our team. We have an on-staff environmental engineer who provides guidance on current best practices for sustainability. We provide a high level of attention and management to residential clients that have a long term interest in their property. Our clients value our ability to understand them. We create beautiful homes in a range of architectural styles that both we and our clients are proud of. The essential qualities of good architecture: strong plans, good proportions, and high attention to detail are the foundation of our work.
Current Working Environment at FGA: FGA is located in Santa Clara County. Our employees are the most important aspect of our business and we value them as such. We closely follow the county regulations for COVID-19. We utilize a hybrid format for attendance in the office and working from home, with employees working in the office a few days a week to allow for camaraderie and collaboration while still providing ample physical space for each individual. Only those who are fully vaccinated are able to come into the office. Employees with elevated health risks will not participate in our in-office work schedule. We utilize online organizational systems and tools to help emulate the open, collaborative studio conditions that we all enjoy under normal circumstances.
WHY JOIN FGA?:
· Great people and great projects!
· AIA Silicon Valley Firm Award, 2018
· Competitive salary and bonuses
· Health, dental, vision, & life insurance
· Company contributions (match) to Simple IRA retirement savings accounts
· Generous paid vacation and holiday benefits
· Allowance for Professional Development and Reimbursement for passed ARE tests
· Bonus after completing exams for architect license
· Annual membership to professional organizations such as AIA and NCARB
· Office supports employees to attend National AIA convention and Monterey Design Conference
· The entire firm visits all office project job sites together
· Office eats lunch together every Tuesday
· Pre-tax dollars for public transit cost, bicycle commute allowance and in-house bicycle parking
· Walking distance to Caltrain station and convenient places to eat lunch
· Endless snacks
· Happy hours and flexible work scheduleQualifications
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· 3-6 years of experience in custom single family residential
· B Arch or M Arch degree from a NAAB-accredited architecture program
· Very strong design and graphic skills with an ability to express ideas real-time through hand sketching
· Fluent with BIM and other software programs, ArchiCAD (preferred but not required)
· An excellent communicator, who is not afraid to ask questions, and has experience working in a collaborative office environment
· Excited to take on new responsibilities and has the ability and experience to manage up, down and across
· Comfortable working in our current fluid workplace environment that currently is a hybrid work setup - 3 days in the office, 2 days at home.How to Apply
If you meet these qualifications, we encourage you to apply with your resume, cover letter, and portfolio of work to: firstname.lastname@example.org To be considered, you must respond in the body of your email with answers to the following questions:
1. Identify your first name and your last name. (First name: X Last name: X)
2. From which school did you graduate, what year, and with what degree?
3. After graduating, how many years have you worked in a professional architecture office? (Do not include internships while in school)
4. Do you need visa sponsorship in order to work? If so, please state which visa is needed?
5. Where are you currently located? If not currently local, are you willing to relocate in order to be present in our Palo Alto office?
6. Why are you interested in Fergus Garber Architects?
7. How did you first hear about Fergus Garber Architects?Location
PALO ALTO, CACompany Website