Hiring Organization: Studio VARA
Project Architect or Junior Architect responsibilities entail:
• Work with partners and senior staff to prepare 2D and 3D design documents, including CAD, hand drawing & model making
• Create, edit, and manage construction drawing sets
• Assist with project correspondence, schedule, and budget
• Planning & building code research
• Collaborate with partners on design direction
• Project management of small projects, from conception through construction administration
• Research and specify materials and systems with a focus on sustainability
• 5-7 years of experience including the interior architecture of high-end residential, hospitality and/or commercial projects.
• Technical knowledge of Type V construction, including past work in all phases of design and construction. Experience with other construction Types is a plus.
• Strong verbal and communication skills. The position requires constant communication with Studio VARA principals, our clients, design consultants and contractors
• Modern design skills and the sensitivity to be very design detail oriented
• Proficiency in any or all of the following platforms required: Revit, VectorWorks or AutoCAD.
• Experience with Sketch Up, Adobe Creative Suite, Rhino, V-Ray and 3D Max are a plus.
• Working knowledge of construction detailing and assemblies, construction documents and experience in producing a complete construction document set
• Licensed architect in California or in the process of licensure.
Application Instructions & Contact Info: This position is full time, permanent position with employer-paid full medical, dental & vision insurance, and an available 401k plan. We offer competitive compensation dependent on experience & education. Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please.
3130 20th St. Suite 190
San Francisco, CA 94110
Start Date: March 2018