Hiring Organization: NuVu Studio
Are you passionate about design, technology and education? Do you have a wide range of interests beyond your primary discipline? Do you love the creative energy you accessed through your own design education? If so, join our team as a Design Education Fellow at our partner schools in Glasgow, Scotland and Lakeland, Florida.
- The ideal Design Education Fellow: flourishes in collaborative environments, thinks critically and creatively, is an enthusiastic and innovative maker of things.
- The NuVu Design Education Fellow will be an instructor based at the partner school, who will lead the design and implementation of studios with the support and mentorship of the NuVu Team.
- The Fellow will join a unique, highly skilled cohort of fellows who lead programs at NuVu’s growing network of partner schools around the world.
- NuVu studios are grounded in fundamental design skills and explore an extensive range of topics and disciplines. Students take projects from idea to finished prototype through an iterative process of research, diagramming, prototyping, critical feedback, and input from experts.
- The Fellow will have opportunities to expand their own knowledge and creativity through collaboration with students and staff on projects that result in real products. Fellows engage collaboratively with NuVu faculty, who have expertise across many fields, including: industrial design, fashion, architecture, robotics, engineering, art, music, and filmmaking.
- The Design Education Fellow will begin work at at NuVu in Cambridge, MA in Spring 2018, and then transition to Glasgow or Florida in August 2018 for the duration of the 2018-2019 school year; there is an option to return for a second year.
- This is full time position. Compensation starts at $60,000 USD and is commensurate with experience.
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in a studio-based design field such as architecture, computational design, industrial design, or equivalent experience and comfort with multiple modes of analog and digital fabrication is required.
- Familiarity with Arduino, electronics and mechanical design is desirable.
Application Instructions & Contact Info:
To apply, please send a letter of interest, resume, and portfolio to Emily Glass at firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Number: (617) 945-7716
Start Date: Spring 2018; 2 year contract