Hiring Organization: MAD Architects
Job Description: We are seeking Intermediate Architects / Designers with 5 to 7 years of experience working in a major international architecture firm. West coast experience, particularly on completed corporate offices, mixed-use developments, and/or large-scale cultural projects, is highly preferred. The position will be based in MAD’s Los Angeles office. The ideal candidate should be extremely professional, possess strong design and communication skills, and be able to independently solve problems while receiving technical guidance on unusual or complex issues. The position may require supervision over a small staff of designers.
1. Possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience.
2. Have 5 to 7 years of progressively responsible project experience working for a major international architecture firm.
3. Have expertise in Revit, AutoCAD, Rhino, Maxwell, and Adobe Creative Suite.
4. Have experience on completed corporate office &/ large-scale cultural projects, from SD to completion.
5. Have strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to understand MAD’s design intent and transcribe sketches/ideas/concepts to 3D models and 2D drawings.
6. Have experience in SD, DD, and CD drawings and procedures, particularly on working details and the planning/design/coordination of large, complex projects.
7. Be legally authorized to work in the US.
1. Produce drawings and models to support the Project Manager and design team. Supervise and coach Junior Designers to ensure the overall design quality, scheduling, and execution standards are met.
2. Independently solve and communicate working drawing details throughout the design phases, with a focus on preserving MAD’s design intent throughout the DD and CD phases.
3. Work closely with Executive Architects, Consultants, and the design team to resolve problems on complex projects, while receiving guidance from Senior Associates and Partners.
4. Balance a fast-paced work environment and execute obstacles and tight deadlines with a positive attitude. The candidate should be highly reliable, outgoing, a strong communicator, and able to manage multiple projects as required.
Application Instructions & Contact Info: Please indicate the position you are applying for in your email subject and send your resume and portfolio as ONE PDF (no larger than 6 Mb) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Phone Number: 310-776-9680
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Start Date: March 2018