Hiring Organization: Mason Architects, Inc.
• Primary research on historic buildings and resources
• Field work (note taking/photo documentation)
• Undertaking historic inventory surveys
• Writing HABS/HAER documentation
• Writing National Register nomination forms
Knowledge of and experience with the following are desired, but not required:
• Evaluating historic resources on US military installations
• Project Management: proposal writing, client interface, etc.
• Software programs: GIS, InDesign, Photoshop, Access
Salary: Based on experience
Benefits: Health insurance; Holidays, sick, and vacation time; 401K matching; Annual education allowance
• Must meet SOI Professional Qualification Standards for Architectural History, Historic Preservation, Historic Architecture, or similar, which includes a graduate degree in architectural history or a closely related field of study;
• Experience undertaking historic inventory surveys;
• Experience evaluating buildings and structures using NRHP significance criteria;
• Knowledge of the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for Rehabilitation;
• Knowledge of NHPA Section 106 compliance and other relevant legislation, rules, and policies
Preferred but not required:
• Professional writing experience in the preservation field (e.g.: developing HABS/HAER documentation, National Register Nomination forms, historic context studies, etc.)
Application Instructions & Contact Info:
To apply, submit cover letter and CV to: email@example.com with “Architectural Historian Applicant” in the subject line.
Phone Number: 808-536-0556
Start/End Date: permanent