The Avi Efraim Gesundheit Traveling Fellowship provides financial support to a third (3rd) year student in the School of Architecture to travel for research purposes as part of his/her architectural studies. The traveling fellowship endowment remembers and honors the life of Avi Efraim Gesundheit (1978-96), a second generation Trojan enrolled in the School of Architecture Class of 2001 at the University of Southern California.
Important Dates and Deadlines
1. Application Deadline November 28, 2016
2. Finalists Announced December 12 – 16, 2017
3. Final Presentations Due January 23, 2017
4. Jury Presentations Weeks of January 30 and February 6, 2017 (Finalists will be assigned a date and time)
5. Awards Announced Last week of February 2016
Planning your Trip
6. Administrative Meetings Must be Completed 1-month prior to travel
a. Advancement Office Submit Budget and Itinerary for Approval (Rachel)
b. Financial Office Submit Approved Budget and Itinerary for Approval (Alex)
c. Student Services Insurance Confirmed (Eric Moore)
7. Receive Award Money Business Office
8. Book Travel
10. Keep all receipts for meals, excursions, boarding passes, etc.
Post Travel Exhibition
11. Exhibition Presentations To be submitted the 2nd week of November, 2017
12. Exhibition Opening 3rd Week of November (date tbd) (exhibit will be hung by you)
13. Receipts Due December - All Travel Receipts must be turned in prior to winter break
Notes & Reminders
- All submissions must be made electronically to Rachel Malkenhorst
- If you are selected as a finalist you’ll have until January 23, 2017 to finalize your project and create a presentation.
- You’ll present your project to the Jurors during the weeks of January 30 and February 6.
- A date will be confirmed with you.