- Friday, June 28, 2019
Add to calendar
- USC School of Architecture
- SHARE THIS EVENT:
Welcome to BIM BOP 2019! An all day BIM conference at USC. Contact Karen Kensek (email@example.com) for information.
This is the thirteenth annual BIM symposium that Karen Kensek has hosted at the USC School of Architecture. Past events have focused on the rise of BIM in the AEC industry, sustainable design and BIM, fabrication and construction, analytics, parameters and customization, practical BIM, future BIM, visual programming, and other exciting topics. There have been several conference proceedings and a book that resulted from presentations at these summer events.
To register, go to https://events.usc.edu/esvp/esvp_bim2019.php.
$55 registration fee; $155 after June 20th. Please note that there are no refunds – however, you can send someone else if your plans change.
There are two tracks (you can move between them) with a total of seven sessions. Six of the sessions have three presentations of 30 minutes each for a deep dive into a topic; the seventh session is the new 5 minute BIM BOPS that worked so well last year!
Most of these firms have confirmed, but the schedule is still in flux. The most updated schedule will be posted online as it changes. You may move between tracks if there is room in the lecture halls; you are not guaranteed a space in a specific track.
- Rhino to Revit interoperability (HNTB, Walter P Moore, McNeel)
- construction (Stantec, Hathaway Dinwiddie, MATT Construction)
- engineering and fabrication (ARUP, Zahner, John A. Martin & Associates)
- landscape architecture (Rios Clementi Hale Studios, Studio-MLA (not confirmed yet))
- architecture – smaller offices (Michael W Folonis Architects, TBA, Dan Brunn Architecture)
- architecture – larger offices (AECOM (not confirmed yet), NELSON, Johnson Fain)
- the 5 minute BIM BOPS (10 speakers)
The price has always been very low (this year, $55 including lunch) to encourage attendance, and sponsors have helped defray some of the costs. With its expert speakers and great value, you should not miss this event.