Name: David Moore
Title: Residential Home Developer
Phone Number: 323.376.4848
Hiring Organization: DPWorks
Location: Based in Los Angeles, the principle developer has numerous residential lots in Joshua Tree, CA ready for building.
Start/End Date: September 1, 2017
Looking for a Licensed Structural Engineer to create construction documents for shipping container home.
Work closely with developer, suppliers, and contractors to develop the on-site construction and assembly processes.
Work closely with developer to create a workflow for generating permit and construction ready documents.
- Structural engineering experience on innovative projects. Experience working with prefabricated shipping container structures is a major plus.
- Experience working with light gauge steel construction is a plus.
- Knowledgeable on California’s building codes. Experience working with multiple local jurisdictions to prepare and obtain building permits for new construction, specifically San Bernardino County.
- Solid understanding of material properties and basic machining and fabrication skills (welding, sawing, drilling, milling).
- Ability to analyze processes to identify bottlenecks and propose and implement improvements (design workflows, permitting, foundation construction, assembly, etc.)
- Ability to use appropriate software tools to evaluate structures and streamline design and engineering workflows.
- Strong analytical and creative thinking skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication.
- Ability to solve challenging problems both independently and as part of a team.
- Must be a PE Licensed in California (Civil: Structural Depth Test)
Application Instructions & Contact Info:
Please provide resume and three references pertaining to actual builds.
Provide structural engineering documents on most recent build.
Provide a detailed budget proposal as part of the application.