Established in 1973, Page & Turnbull is one of the first architecture and planning firms in California and one of the longest practicing firms in the country dedicated to historic preservation. Founded and headquartered in San Francisco, Page & Turnbull has well-established offices in Los Angeles and Sacramento. Our staff includes licensed architects, designers, planners and architectural historians who approach each project with imagination and flexibility. Oriented to our client’s time and budget, we are committed to conserving significant resources that can be made to function for present and future needs.
Page & Turnbull is looking for an architectural designer to enhance our team at an award-winning, 10-person architecture and planning office in downtown Los Angeles. This opening will provide the opportunity to use and build skills in architecture and historic preservation. The position offers exposure to a range of challenging projects, with the early possibility of self-directed work and client contact.
• Assist colleagues with field investigations and conditions assessments of historic buildings.
• Prepare preliminary design and feasibility studies.
• Prepare construction documents, including development of architectural details for Rehabilitation/Restoration/ Reconstruction of historic buildings.
• Perform Construction Administration tasks, including construction site visits; preparation of field observation reports; and tracking and
The ideal candidate will have:
• A professional degree in architecture, preferably with coursework or demonstrated interest in historic preservation.
• Three-to-six years professional design experience, preferably with historic buildings or with integrating new design into existing contexts.
• A strong design portfolio, experience assembling contract documents, and good writing ability.
• Past professional experience with and good working knowledge of Revit, AutoCAD 2017, Sketchup and Adobe Creative Suite.
• Communication and time-management skills for effective teamwork, with the initiative and problem-solving abilities to take on tasks individually.
• An interest in professional registration, LEED certification and ability to combine sustainability with historic preservation.
Application Instructions & Contact Info:
Please send a letter of interest, resume and work samples in pdf format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our website www.page-turnbull.com for more information on Page & Turnbull.