Tim Barber Ltd, a Los Angeles firm specializing in traditional and modern residential design, is seeking a Design Associate for our dynamic team of architects. Our firm is team-oriented and places a strong value on client relations – professionalism and interpersonal skills are a must. This position will report directly to the Sr. Project Manager.
We offer comprehensive health, vision and dental insurance, 401K plan with employer matching, paid vacation and personal days, paid holidays and a great work environment with opportunity for advancement. 90-Day Probationary Period and Compensation Review.
Candidate must have 3-5 years of experience in custom residential projects including:
• As-built measurement and drafting
• Architectural design, drafting and detailing
• Understanding of building materials and construction methods
• Understanding of Architecture history
• Drafting of schematic, permit and construction drawings
• Development of client and government agency design review presentation drawings
• Support with building and zoning code analysis
• Assisting with city and other government agency permitting processes
• Assisting with coordination of building consultants
• Working a project through the design process as part of a team
• AutoCAD, Revit and SketchUp proficiencies required.
Required Software skills: AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office
Required Education: 5-year architecture degree
Application Instructions & Contact Info:
Please submit cover letter, salary history, resume, and portfolio as email attachments to email@example.com.
No phone calls, please.