Name: Lauren Adams
Organization: Letter Four
Phone Number: 3232751140
Founded in 2010, LETTER FOUR, INC. (http://letterfour.com/) is a boutique design-build firm in the Helms Arts District of Culver City. We are a small team on detail-oriented professionals, doing what we love. Our passion is working closely with our clients, providing a high level of service, and seeing our projects through from start to finish. For us, that means starting with the initial project research and working through design and construction, until we hand the keys to our clients and complete the finishing touches. Unlike larger firms, our team benefits from being part of every project phase and taking ownership and pride in knowing our projects in and out. As a licensed architectural firm and licensed general contractor, we see our projects through in a way that few firms do. We see to it that our projects are built as designed and enjoy the process.
We are seeking like-minded individuals who are driven to learn, grow, and challenge themselves in every aspect of our projects. We are team-oriented and look for great communicators to join our family. Our projects range from custom single family residential to retail, restaurant, and offices. In special cases, we help with full identity development, along with concept design, architectural design, and construction to make sure that every aspect of our project is cohesive. We work with clients in Los Angeles and the surrounding area, as well as San Francisco and New York.
On a daily basis this position will include:
- Translation of Revit models from our third party vendor
- Property Due Diligence
- Brainstorming with principals and other staff as we work together on design proposals
- Sketching proposed design concepts
- Generating 3D massing models, standard 2D project phase drawings, redlines, sketches, details, etc.
- Selecting interior finishes and fixtures and creating interior finish and fixture boards
- Communicating with consultants, clients, staff, and the field
- Site visits to check on progress and verify that what was drawn matches what is being built
- Reviewing current office standards and procedures and proposing improvements
- City visits for permit expediting
- Consultations with vendors to stay informed on new products and to build our library
Hours + Pay:
- Full time, 5 days per week, 9am to 6pm
- Paid Holidays, and Paid Time Off
- Pay based on experience
- Yearly bonus
- Benefits negotiable
The following is a short list of requirements:
Must have technical skills:
- Autodesk Revit
- AutoCAD LT 2014 Drafting
- Photoshop and Illustrator
- Microsoft Word, Excel
- BArch or better
- At least 1-2 years in-office drafting experience for all project phases, Revit strongly preferred
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Experience communicating with clients, contractors, consultants and city agents
- Experience with creating drawings and documentation for project permitting in the City of LA
- Permitting experience in other locations
- Experience with special approvals such as neighborhood review boards, landlord tenant improvement reviews, planning, zoning, etc.
- Construction administration experience
Must have Qualities:
- Drive to learn, impress, and succeed
- Solid organizational skills
- Eagerness to collaborate with a team of skilled and creative professionals
- Unwavering excitement for and dedication to the field
- Value of a work-life balance
- Desire/Ability to thrive in a fun, fresh, and eclectic environment
- Drive to grow into a position with a high level of responsibility
- Desire to contribute to mutual success in a long term position
Please e-mail a short letter about yourself to email@example.com with a resume, examples of drawings sets you have prepared, no phone calls or recruiters please. In the email, please answer the following questions:
1. Please confirm that you have the experience listed in the position responsibilities.
2. State your current or previous salary and desired salary range.
3. Are you currently employed? Please advise when you would be available to begin work.
4. Are you based locally in the Los Angeles area, and available to interview in person?
5. Please share why you believe you would do well in this position.
We will contact you if we are interested in getting to know you and talking about your future at LETTER FOUR. PLEASE, only contact us if you are in the LOS ANGELES area. It is important to us to find someone who is the right fit for our office environment and this can only be done through an in person interview. Please do NOT contact us if you do not meet all of the minimum qualifications. We will be conducting multi-part interviews to be certain that candidates truly meet all qualifications and will be a great long term fit with Letter Four.
Lauren Adams and Jeremy Baker
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, genetic information, immigration status, disability or, if applicable, veteran status, or any other basis protected by all applicable laws.