We seek a key individual who will manage our Design Team and be responsible for running their own projects. This is a multi faceted position for a small growing office. You must be based in the Los Angeles area; have 6-9 years experience specializing in single and multi-family residential and Type V construction; and be a Licensed Architect in California. This is a hands-on, full-time position.
▪ Manage design staff.
▪ Supervise projects through all phases of construction, including managing and creating project construction documents.
▪ Monitor schedules and fees for all projects.
▪ Ensure projects are expertly planned, coordinated, permitted and administered, on time and on budget, and that clients are extremely well served during the process.
Salary is negotiable and dependent upon experience and skills. Other great benefits including the opportunity to work with great architects; to create homes that improve the quality of living for people and the planet; and to surf during lunch (Pacific less than a mile away).
▪ A licensed California Architect.
▪ Broad knowledge of residential building systems, Type V construction, building and zoning codes and residential construction costs.
▪ High proficiency in construction drawing detailing.
▪ Ability to manage teams to design and deliver projects through all project phases, on time and budget, including allocating resources and time and coordinating consultants
▪ Ability to manage multiple project schedules, keeping them up-to-date and keeping team members on track for meeting schedule goals.
▪ Ability to lead project teams to common goals, mentor junior staff, encourage teamwork and communication, and inspire the team with a sincere work ethic.
▪ Proficiency in Revit, including office/project experience, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and MS Project, or similar.
▪ Commitment to and knowledge of best practices in sustainable design.
▪ Expert verbal and written communication skills, with team members, clients and consultants.
▪ An eye for detail and a desire to perform at a high level.
▪ Be a team leader and self-starter who takes initiative and responsibility for their work and actions.
Helpful Qualities and Experience:
▪ LEED AP
▪ Comfort with a small firm environment.
▪ A strong desire to wed profit and purpose and a sense of humor.
▪ Knowledge of factory-built structures and transport.
▪ Experience with construction cost estimating and/or construction management.
Application Instructions & Contact Info:
Please submit cover letter, resume and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE that only qualified candidates should apply for this position.