HOME FRONT BUILD is a design build firm specializing in custom homes in both traditional and contemporary styles, and offering expertise in sustainable design. We seek to carry forward a tradition of quality and craftsmanship in home building while at the same time integrating and innovating in sustainability.
We are seeking an ARCHITECTURAL DESIGNER with interests in residential design, construction administration, and sustainability. The ideal candidate is a highly-motivated individual who has a willingness to learn and to take on responsibility. Responsibilities and job skills include:
1. Measure and draft as-built plans;
2. Draft schematic design drawings based on program and sketches provided by the project architect;
3. Draft construction documents for plan check and bidding purposes;
4. Research materials and techniques as needed for plan specifications;
5. Coordinate with consultants, including structural/mechanical/electrical/geo-tech/ engineers;
6. Assist in construction management, including drafting sketches and reviewing shop drawings; and,
7. Proficiency in AutoCAD required, and proficiency in SketchUp desired.
The position will begin part-time with the opportunity to advance to a full-time one.
Applicants should have a degree in architecture from an accredited college, or be working toward one, and preferably 2-4 years of experience.
Application Instructions & Contact Info:
Please submit a cover letter, resume and portfolio sample to Derek Ryder at firstname.lastname@example.org.